Having just past its 127 Year Anniversary, this famous landmark was established in 1894 by its founder, Antonio Veniero. When he operated his establishment, it was a pool emporium and caffe where he served his baked products to his customers. Later, the demand for his Italian pastries and cakes won him awards in Rome, Bolognia, and at the New York World's Fair.
Today the Pastry shop and caffe has many of its original details, including hand stamped metal ceilings, specially designed etched glass doors, highly polished wood mirrors, and ornate marble floors (which has since been restored after almost a century of wear).
Upon entering the pastry shop, you are greeted by a wonderful display of traditional and regional Italian confections, a vast variety of large an miniature pastries, and assortments of hand-made Italian butter cookies. Take in the aroma of the freshly baked biscotti (Italian biscuits) as well as the traditional cheese cakes and specialty cakes. A full 40 feet of ecstasy for the dessert lover!